Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Nifty Not-Quite-Fifty

I just love my family. They know how to have (my kind of) fun! And they're always surprising me...with adventure, with amazing gifts, with snacks. I love snacks. 
Snacks are my favorite. 

So...my birthday's arriving this weekend, I'm hittin' a new decade, and after church on Easter Sunday, we headed 45 minutes north to a quiet resort in Williamsburg, where my ears perked to the sound of fife-and-drum music - live! 
How cool is that?


The following morning, we strapped on our walking shoes and tiptoed through the tulips...



...and reveled in a glorious morning of sunshine and fountains and budding trees...





'Course, these were not your ordinary gardens...


They were the fun-filled, adventuresome, Dramamine-needing, amusement variety!



Oh, you thought we were riding the roller coaster? 

I'm nearly 50. I know how to say no to things that may kill me, or make me hurl my snacks onto someone's shoes, or maybe cry like a baby.


 The train ride was nice. Nice and tame. All snacks intact.



After five hours of nearly more amusement than I could take, we went straight back to our rooms for a NAP. And then we made hamburgers for supper, and, I must say, they were the tastiest burgers I've had in a verrrrry long time. Man! 



Feet up, burger in hand, Despicable Me 2 on the telly, fresh from a nap and a ride on the swings...all in all a perfect way to celebrate this still-forty-something's birthday! Have I mentioned how much I love my family? They even beat the burgers, I must say. 

Aaannnd...lookie what my mommy made me:



 (She's the Queen of Creative Cake-Making)




A fantastic banner made from pages of this book:


LOVE it! 

I am one blessed half-a-century girl. 
This calls for a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment