Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Caught Me a Bug

Blah.


I just spent two wimpery, achy days in bed and I am over it! My body disagrees, so I'm lolling about on the sofa, which smells mildly of dog and pickle juice (don't ask). 

Tomorrow is the long-awaited return of our ladies' fellowship meeting, after two cancellations due to snow (unheard-of, around here) and it looks like they're going to have to march on without me. I can't think when I'm feeling achy and fussy and feverish. Can't plan, can't read, can't do anything...except eat. I can eat. Figures.

Craving a box of Chickin-in-a-Biskit crackers and some O.J. Followed by chocolate cream pie. WHERE'S MY BUTLER? I've choked down some boring ol' toast, which will have to do for now.

I hope I'll be well enough to slip into the meeting tomorrow. I just love the sweet fellowship of these ladies who are all making their way down the narrow road with me. We share each others' wearying burdens, and laugh over our silly stumbles. We encourage each other and pray for each other. It's no less than God expects of His children, and it's part of the beauty of being in His family. 

 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, 
clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, 
humility, gentleness and patience. 
Bear with each other and forgive one another 
if any of you has a grievance against someone. 
Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 
And over all these virtues put on love, 
which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Clothe yourselves with all these wonderful things, and then wrap them up in an overcoat of love! 

Surefire formula for great fellowship. Maybe I will make it tomorrow; I feel better already!


No comments:

Post a Comment