Saturday, May 3, 2014

Chop Chop

Sometimes I just.want.something.yummy. My guilt kicks in if I begin to daydream about sweet things, like Pop Tarts, Cocoa Pebbles, or Chocolate Chip Hot Fudge Caramel Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes.

There's more to life than sweets, right? Or so I've heard. 
So before I go down that regretful road, I grab some veggies and start chopping.


Throw in a touch of cheddar.



Boil me some pasta.



 Toss the whole thing with some of this (plus a can of sliced olives):



Et voila, I am the Queen of healthy eating! 



Delishus, I must say. 



A good thing, too...we ate it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I gave away a huge container to another family, and our houseguest ate from it, too. I tend to go just the teeniest bit overboard with quantities sometimes.

I suppose that's all right when you're talking about a giant vat of veggies; it's when I fill a 3-quart bowl with Lucky Charms and eat them with a serving spoon that it's not...good. Not that I'd ever do such a thing.

I'll be back...gotta make a run to the store...need some...er...bran flakes...

1 comment: